- AboutWar trophies
Photographic print on baryté paper (30 x 38 cm) 2006-2007
The photo series War trophies is made up of 9 photographs.
They show, according to a precise photographic set-up, military vehicles which were used during various wars and were repeatedly destroyed.
In 2000, for example, they were destroyed because of their function, the second time, during the 2006 war, because of their symbolism or, perhaps, as collateral damages.
They seem to be denouncing the use they have been put to and they appear anachronic and pathetic.
They also cause a temporal shift : they are the indicators of a former war, the witnesses of a new one.
Other installations for Khiam:
Landscape of Khiam
Khiam 2000 – 2007
Objects of Khiam Ansar
- 3eme FIAC, Festival International d’Art Contemporain d’Alger, Musée d’art moderne et contemporain d’Alger, Algeria, Dec 2011-Feb 2012,
- We could be heroes just for one day, Musée d’art moderne de la ville de Paris, Paris, France, 2010
- Wonder Beirut, Centre de la photographie de Genève, Switzerland, 2009
- Je suis là même si tu ne me vois pas, I am here even if you don’t see me, Galerie Leonard & Bina Ellen Art Gallery, Montréal, Québec, Canada, 2009
- Tel des oasis dans le désert, Eglise des Célestins, Festival d’Avignon, France, 2009
- Back to the present, Homeworks IV, Ashkal Alwan, Beirut, Lebanon, 2008
- Où sommes-nous?, Festival d’Automne de Paris, Espace Topographique de l’art, Paris, France, 2008